Saturday, April 21, 2012

Last email from Provo...

I am FINALLY feeling good again, thank heavens. Lungs are still a bit sad but I got an inhaler so shouldn't be a problem. Thank you for your prayers. :) Everything feels so strange right now. I'm not sure how to describe it. I am excited and itching to go to Japan to start doing REAL missionary work. It's a different kind of excited then I've felt for things in the past though, because there is this massive responsibility I feel on my shoulders that I've started to recognize over the past few weeks as I've been molded into a missionary. I am going to Japan for the Lord and it has nothing to do with me. It is a cool feeling though because although I miss you and the kids like crazy, there is absolutely no where I would rather be right now and absolutely nothing I would rather be doing. I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time, and now that I am living it, suddenly the restless rush to move onto the next thing in life is gone. I feel like I can sink deeply into this time of my life and nothing or no one can touch me because I have been called by God. I wish I could type onto the page the things I am feeling but for once I can't seem to find the words.

TRC last Saturday was really special. We taught an older Japanese woman who actually used to teach at the MTC. SHE WAS SUCH A SWEETHEART. And because of her, any anxieties I had about teaching in Japan slowly slipped away. I cannot wait to serve among such incredible people. Also, we had a former mission president from Japan talk to our whole zone and he was so inspiring. His biggest message to us was to take ALL of OUR expectations that are in our hearts about Japan and missionary work and get rid of them. Then to replace them with the LORD'S expectations. Modern prophets have prophesied and given direct instruction about Japan and their words are amazing. In the prayer to dedicate the land for missionary work, the prophet even pleaded for the assistance of the three Nephites in bringing the Japanese people to a knowledge of their Savior. Wow. So this week I have been striving and pleading with the Lord myself that I may have my heart filled with His feelings and expectations for the missionary work in Japan. Pray for me because I am not enough on my own!

PLEASE CONGRATULATE grandma and grandpa for me on their anniversary and birthday!! And thank them for the wonderful packages and letters they have sent me. :) I've appreciated them so much.

I love you so much!! Thank you so much for the letters and packages and most importantly for the prayers. When it gets tough I start thinking about all the support and people I have behind me and it helps more then I can ever express. Mom and Dad, I couldn't have done this without you. Oh and tell Trevor good luck with his job! I'm super excited for him!

Goodbye America!
 
Wylie Shimai 


1 comment:

  1. You're going to learn so much and do so many great things out there Jenna :D! Have fun and enjoy the work :D!

    ReplyDelete